- Registration of documents required to be registered as per law.
- Issue of Non Encumbrance Certificate.
- Issue of No Objection Certificate for transfer of immovable property by way of sale, gift, lease etc.
- Issue of Certified copy of Mutation (Registration)/Misc. Case Order.
- Issue of Marriage Certificate.
- Issue of certified copy of Jamabandi/Chitha.
- Issue of Certified copy of any registered document as admissible under the law.
- Issue of Bakijai Clearance Certificate.
- Issue of Notice of Intended Marriage.
- Issue of Land Valuation Certificate.
- Assessment of Stamp Duty and Registration Fees.
- Issue of Land Holding Certificate.
- Approval for grant of Ex-gratia to next of kin on receipt of the proposal from concerned Deputy Commissioners with all relevant documents.
- Approval for Allotment, settlement of Govt. land, ceiling surplus land to eligible landless individuals, govt. organizations, NGOs etc. on receipt of such proposal from Deputy Commissioners.
- Approval for ownership right to the tenant in case of towns on receipt of such proposal from Deputy Commissioners.
- Approval for settlement of ownership right to the tenant of land belonging to religious and charitable institutions on receipt of such proposal from Deputy Commissioners.
- Approval for acquisition proposal on receipt of the proposal from concerned Deputy Commissioners with all relevant documents through requiring department.
- Furnishing information under RTI Act, 2005.
- Approval for conversion proposal of land in case of town land/ within three km radius of town other than Guwahati from Annual Patta to Periodic Patta on receipt of proposals from Deputy Commissioners.
- Approval for conversion proposal of land in case of Guwahati/within ten km of radius from Annual Patta to Periodic Patta on receipt of proposals from Deputy Commissioners.
- Approval for ownership right to tenant in case of Guwahati City on receipt of proposal of ceiling surplus land from Deputy Commissioners under Assam Fixation of Ceiling on Land Holding Act, 1956.
- Grievance Redressal.
- Issue of Administrative Approval.
- Issue of Financial Sanction of FDR proposals.
- Issue of F.O.C.
The principal objectives of the Revenue Department are land and land revenue administration in all their facets:
- Formulation of Government land settlement policy.
- Administration of Land Reforms.
- Maintenance of Land Records.
- Land Requisition and Acquisition. (e) Administration of Land and Land Revenue and Local Rate.
- Administration of Assam Survey organization.
- Organization of Relief Operations on account of Natural Calamities.
The aims & objectives of the Department as envisaged in the bye-laws of the agency are :
- To take up relief, restoration and reconstruction activities and measures for socio-economic revival for mitigating the damages caused or likely to be caused due to any disaster.
- To take up programmes and schemes that will prevent occurrence of any disaster or minimize the damaging effect due to any disaster.
- To undertake specific studies to identify programmes and schemes to be taken up to evaluate the various measures taken and suggest suitable action.
- To accept grants, donation, funds from the State Government, Government of India, bilateral or multi-lateral funding agencies, non governmental organization (NGOs), semi-governmental organizations, State Government and Central Government undertakings, public or private companies, trusts, private individuals interested in participating in or supporting the disaster mitigation works.
- To raise loans if necessary.
- To utilize funds of the society either directly or through Government Departments,State or Central Government undertakings, semi-government Organizations(NGOs), or private philanthropic organizations for achieving its aims and objectives.